ReAgent has been carrying out packing operations since 1977, handling and distributing a wide range of substances from toxic and flammable solutions to non hazardous materials. As a company that manufactures and blends chemicals, we’re committed to ensuring all of our products receive the care and protection required, packing them into suitable packaging through our secure systems.
All packaging we provide is compliant with all of the prevailing UK regulations regarding shipping and guaranteed to perform in key areas like product integrity, customer safety and convenience.
The right packaging for the job
We can accommodate packing jobs from 1L when packing into small containers and ampoules, all the way up to multi ton scale for jerricans and drums.
We supply various packaging materials to suit every product, including:
- Glass ampoules (Clear or amber glass, 1ml, 2ml, 5ml, 10ml and 20ml catered for)
- Flexible barrier film pouches (Supplied with or without bottom gussetts/spouts)
- Glass bottles (Amber glass in sizes from 50ml up to 2.5L)
- HDPE bottles & jerricans (UN-approved; combination packagings; stackable)
- 200L drums in steel, HDPE or where required composite steel/HDPE
- Industrial bulk containers (IBC’s) in black and natural and UN-approved
- Road tankers up to 25,000L
- Kit assembly
Having a range of packaging options at our disposal makes us a sound packing company choice, as every product has its own set of unique requirements. Chemicals like Silver Nitrate that are sensitive to light are usually packed in opaque HDPE or amber glass bottles. Other chemicals, like Hyrodgen Peroxide, require special venting caps to prevent excessive pressure build-up inside the packaging. Moisture-sensitive products, meanwhile, such as inert gases will undergo purging of their containers.
We pack products for a number of industries, including bulk chemical manufacturers, fine chemical manufacturers, analytical chemical suppliers and retail companies. We’ve also manufactured and assembled testing kits for a variety of processes such as detergent levels, water hardness, purity of gold, and lead in air; as well as a testing kit for the MOD for the detection of hazardous vapours.
Using the correct packing has a huge impact on safety when handling chemical products. We protect all glass bottled products with a plastic coating so that the product will be retained should the glass break. We also use UN-approved packaging to indicate a product’s weight at a given packing group, and carry out strict testing procedures such as drop testing to ensure the packaging does not rupture or leak upon impact.
Even when packing non-hazardous products, it is essential that the container and cap are compatible, both with each other and with their contents. We often recommend carrying out a trial fill before undertaking a larger run.
All packing operations are carried out in accordance with our ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001 quality systems. We have full traceability from receipt of products and packaging right through to delivery to customer or end user.
Why choose ReAgent?
- No need to worry about capacity
- Our range of manufacturing equipment means we can accommodate almost any batch size, even in pack sizes of 1,000L (and in some cases 25,000L).
- Face to face contact and support
- If you have a technical question, want to talk through ideas face to face or even perform an audit on us our door is always open, just get in touch!
- Fully traceability on all batches
- All consignments are fully traceable and our bespoke in-house system means we have full traceability on all stock and each batch in our facility.
- Place your order, sit back and we take care of the rest
- Our service doesn’t stop when we’ve finished manufacturing your product, we can also deliver and label your products with your own labels and company branded documents direct to either you or your customers.